Monday, April 26, 2010

How do these computers work, anyway?

We recently bought a Wii, and have been learning how to play.

Our grand-daughter, too, has been learning how to play.

She is frightfully good, and soon will be the best.

But, for now, I can still beat her reliably in bowling and golf.

She gets rather frustrated when she loses, so I tried to explain to her that it's my game, and I've had more practice, and so I'm better at the game (right now) and hence I win.

The other day, she and my wife were playing at bowling. Somewhat accidentally, the game was configured so that the two "Miis" (virtual characters) were mis-set, and my grand-daughter was actually playing as me.

Well, she proceeded to lose to her grand-mother.

At which point she stomped her feet in frustration and exclaimed:

I don't get it. Grandpa said that he always wins, so why didn't he win this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment