Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I feel the need ... for speed!

Here's a very nice writeup of a recent speed cubing event. I love the Feliks Zemdegs video, can't take my eyes off it!

I am not a very fast cuber. I can solve the standard 3x3x3 cube, but it usually takes me 2+ minutes, and more if I get distracted by my granddaughter :)

When I was (much) younger, John and I got into a spirited competition of speed Minesweeper, expert level. We set up a computer in the break area and we would alternate back and over during compile times, trying to break each other's best time record. Of course, I see that the world has progressed since then...:)

Nowadays my compile-and-test turnaround cycle at my day job is so lightning-fast, I barely have time to bounce over to my favorite Chess or Go sites before it's time for the next bit of work. That's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment