Sunday, April 8, 2012

How many hours are there in the day?

After some dithering and uncertainty, I've once again signed up for this year's Google Summer of Code. It's hard to find time for this in my busy schedule, but it's a great program and I've enjoyed participating in it in the past.

We have four fine proposals for Derby, and only two mentors (counting me).

So at least two students are bound to be disappointed.

And, of course, there's no certainty that Derby will even get two students.

In past years, the Derby participation in GSoC has been great, both for the students and for the Derby project. The students I have worked with have gone on to successful careers, and I believe they have benefited from their time working with the Derby community.

Hopefully we'll have another good summer this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment