Friday, August 19, 2016

Farewell, Geralt of Rivia

Almost 18 months ago, I sat down to see the world (well, some world, that is) through the eyes of Geralt of Rivia.

Untold hours, weeks, and now even years later, our time together has drawn to a close. Geralt of Rivia has aided Ciri in her journey, dispatched the Lord of the Wild Hunt, played a major role in the war in Temeria, re-united with Dandelion and with Yennefer, formed a life-long relationship with Triss, explored all of Novigrad, Skellige, Velen, and more, investigated Olgierd von Everec, and solved the mysterious murders of the nobility in Toussaint.

In a way, my heart aches to do it all over, each bit, every moment.

Yet, in a way, it is so satisfying just resting there in my memory, bits of lore, scraps of conversation, glimpses of countryside, all part of some life I feel like I've lived, somehow.

Farewell, Geralt of Rivia. Thank you for letting me be part of you, or maybe for being part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment